In today's rapidly evolving e-commerce landscape, selecting the right platform is crucial for the success of your online store. BigCommerce and Shopify are two leading e-commerce platforms, each offering unique features and benefits. This comprehensive report will compare BigCommerce and Shopify across various criteria, including pricing, features, customization options, scalability, SEO capabilities, customer support, and more. By the end of this report, you will have a detailed understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each platform, allowing you to make an informed decision for your business.
Pricing is a key consideration for any business owner. Here's a breakdown of the pricing plans offered by BigCommerce and Shopify:
- BigCommerce offers a range of pricing plans, starting with the Standard plan at $29 per month when billed annually.
- The Plus plan costs $79.95 per month, while the Pro plan is priced at $299.95 per month.
- BigCommerce also offers an Enterprise plan for high-volume businesses, with pricing that is customized based on specific requirements.
- Shopify's pricing starts with the Basic plan at $29 per month when billed annually.
- The Shopify plan is priced at $79 per month, while the Advanced plan costs $299 per month.
- Shopify Plus is available for enterprise-level businesses, with pricing tailored to individual needs.
It is important to note that while both platforms offer similar pricing structures, BigCommerce includes more built-in functionality within its pricing plans, which can potentially save you money on third-party app expenses.
Both BigCommerce and Shopify offer a wide range of features and customization options to help you create and grow your online store. Let's explore the key features of each platform:
- BigCommerce provides an extensive suite of built-in tools and features, even in its lower-priced plans.
- Features include advanced checkout options, multi-channel selling capabilities, inventory management, and more.
- The platform also offers robust customization options, allowing you to tailor the look and feel of your store to your specific brand.
- Shopify offers a user-friendly interface and a vast app store, providing flexibility and customization options.
- The Shopify app store offers over 8,000 paid and free third-party apps to enhance and customize your online store.
- The platform also provides features such as SEO optimization, email marketing integrations, and social media management tools.
While both platforms offer customization options, BigCommerce focuses on providing a comprehensive set of built-in tools, while Shopify relies more on its app store for advanced customization options.
Scalability is a crucial consideration for any growing business. Let's examine how BigCommerce and Shopify support scalability and deliver performance:
- BigCommerce is designed to accommodate businesses of all sizes, from small startups to enterprise-level operations.
- The platform provides advanced scalability features, allowing you to handle high volumes of traffic and transactions.
- BigCommerce offers multi-channel selling capabilities, enabling you to expand your reach by selling across various platforms.
- Shopify is also built to handle businesses of all sizes, with a focus on simplifying the process of scaling.
- The platform offers robust hosting infrastructure and automatic scalability features to accommodate high traffic volumes.
- Shopify's multi-channel selling capabilities allow you to sell on different platforms, including social media and marketplaces.
Both BigCommerce and Shopify are well-equipped to handle scalability and provide reliable performance for growing businesses.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is crucial for driving organic traffic to your online store. Let's compare the SEO capabilities of BigCommerce and Shopify:
- BigCommerce offers fully customizable, optimized URLs, giving you control over how your store appears in search results.
- The platform also provides access to edit robot.txt files, enabling you to optimize your store's visibility to search engines.
- Additionally, BigCommerce includes a built-in content delivery network (CDN) for faster page loading times.
- While Shopify offers basic SEO functionality, it relies more on third-party apps for advanced SEO optimization.
- Shopify lacks some of the built-in features that BigCommerce offers for SEO, such as customizable URLs and the ability to edit robot.txt files.
If SEO is a top priority for your business, BigCommerce may offer more comprehensive built-in SEO capabilities.
Having reliable customer support is essential for any business owner. Let's assess the customer support offerings of BigCommerce and Shopify:
- BigCommerce provides 24/7 customer support through multiple channels, including phone, email, and live chat.
- The platform's customer support team is known for their quick response times and high issue resolution rates.
- Shopify also offers 24/7 customer support through various channels, including phone, email, live chat, and an extensive help center.
- Shopify's support team is known for their knowledge and responsiveness, ensuring that assistance is readily available when needed.
Both platforms offer excellent customer support, ensuring that you receive assistance promptly and effectively.
In conclusion, both BigCommerce and Shopify are robust e-commerce platforms that offer unique features and advantages. BigCommerce provides a comprehensive set of built-in tools and customization options within its pricing plans, making it a cost-effective choice for businesses looking for advanced functionality. On the other hand, Shopify offers a user-friendly interface and a vast app store, giving users unparalleled flexibility and customization options.
When considering which platform to choose, it is crucial to assess your business's specific needs, including pricing, features, scalability, SEO capabilities, and customer support. By weighing these factors against your particular requirements, you can make an informed decision that aligns with your business goals.
Overall, both BigCommerce and Shopify are reputable platforms in the e-commerce space, and the choice between them depends on your individual business needs and preferences.
Your cart is currently empty.
Please share a few essential pieces of information that'll help our support members work
quickly on your project
As soon as we review your idea, we'll give you an update. Please notice
that any access to the product(s) or service offered by HulkApps does not count for a refund. However,
should you experience problems with your order, we urge you to reach out to our
dedicated support team
Rising to serve you better, we are delighted to announce that PlanetX has been acquired by HulkApps, a Chicago-based leading Shopify agency. The combination of HulkApps Shopify services and PlanetX's strong capabilities in the eCommerce industry will lead to continued growth for both companies.
Choose your wishlist to be added
Copy wishlist link to share
We will notify you on events like Low stock, Restock, Price drop or general reminders so that you don’t miss the deal
See Product Details