It's no secret that online reviews matter in today's digital world. Research has shown that internet reviews have an important effect on a customer's path to purchase with 90 percent of individuals saying that positive reviews affect their purchasing choice.
A lot of debate about online reviews is about how to prevent or handle poor reviews, but the best way to neutralize a poor review is to tackle it with a plethora of positive reviews. And so, here are a few ways to incentivize your customers ' online reviews that will make your organization sparkle:
Ask for them
Most individuals leave online reviews only when they really enjoy –or really hate –a product or service. Tap the ' silent majority ' of satisfied customers by asking for feedback at the end of a sale.
While you should stop providing discounts in return for reviews, you can give incentives for feedback. Numerous companies use social media and online voting to learn around their customers’ top choice product features, offering prizes to chosen members in exchange. The thrill of winning makes for a great incentive to leave a review.
Make it easy
One of the leading ways to encourage online reviews is to make it simple for your clients to give them. Integrate a straightforward star (or emoji?) rating function on your order confirmation page, or insert one in your follow-up emails. Also make sure that you’ve got a visible profile on well-known review sites such as Yelp, Google Local and Trustpilot.
Use social media
Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook are incredible for engaging straightforwardly with your customers – and for your clients to engage with each other. Start a discussion among your followers by inquiring them a question about your product, like Costa does with its Christmas cup designs. Just make sure you have got a great community administration procedure in place.
Put your reviews – great and terrible - on the show to energize customer feedback. Make a testimonials page on your site or get creative, like many clothing brands do, by making a ‘campaign’ around sharing your customer experiences.
While doing this, we’ve something that can help you throughout the process. It’s our Product Reviews App, it’s totally free and available in the Shopify store.
Our Product Reviews app lets you,
- Import Unlimited bulk Reviews, free of charge
- Add Unlimited Product Reviews, free of charge
- Publish Unlimited Reviews & Ratings per product
- Quickly and easily add text reviews or photo reviews to your store
- Easily collect and ask your customers to upload a photo as part of your reviews
- List out all the authentic reviews in ONE review page
- Upload any size image and Product Reviews app will auto-resize for speed improvements and performance
- Collect reviews with additional 5 Custom Fields
- Auto-rotate images submitted by customers that make their entire experience hassle-free
- Display customer review counts in Search Engines with Structured Data
- Add Rich Snippets per product
Install the app & get started in no time!
With these tips, you can generate genuine conversations about your product, which can potentially attract new customers to your store. Allow them a try, and let us know in the comments below in case you find other ways to incentivize online reviews.